Tuesday 5 October 2010

Ann Winder-Boyle


These Loves Fled Away

Travelling Companions
Love Letters On Blue Paper

Hide and Seek

The Dealer
"How much of our happiness or unhappiness in life is linked to expectation?"
Over time, Ann Winder Boyle's work has evolved to explore the link between expectation and our sense of fulfillment. Her small-scale work collaged with books and beeswax is intimate and intriguing. Fleeting moments, nostalgic and playful, but also melancholic and dark (take a closer look at The Dealer, for example), I would love to own one of her pieces. 
I hope you will take the time to explore Ann's beautiful portfolio and watch the video on her site. She really is one of my favourite artists.

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what beautiful pictures you have here! Ann Winder-Boyle's work look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!